[RC] Dallmer Boots - Karen Standefer

I have used the Dallmer Clogs before.  I definitely think you need to put a nice, firm pad in the bottom (and make sure you use the bridge in the back or the hoof will fall through the boot).  Sounds like maybe they sell those as optional now?  They didn’t when I bought my pair.  Without the pad in the bottom, the hoof doesn’t have enough support because the frog is so far off the ground (my opinion as well as Dr. Bowker’s whom I consulted with).  The thing I really like about the boots is the short toe and the excellent breakover.   Also, they are really light weight.  There have been some reports from endurance riders over in Germany that they didn’t hold up very well.  But, the reports were back from 2001 and I think they’ve improved the boot since then.

Karen