[RC] New game.... - koppj

Okay, I'll play the new topics game.  As everywhere, here in Kentucky it has
been cold and wet, pretty much since November.  I've not been able to really do
any serious training for a few months.  Eddie ( my horse) has a good solid base
from last year, we are able to get out a few times a week - sometimes trails if
they are not soaking wet, more likely sides of local roads for 4 - 5 miles at a
time.   I'm hoping to start some consistant training by March first and aiming
for our ride season to start with Chicken Chase in Indiana mid April.  We go
slow ,but I remember reading about multi-day rides and how horses seem to get
stronger by the end.  I do want to do back to back fifties this year to just
have more fun and certainly will use the first few months of rides to further
our conditioning - but here's my question.  In the six weeks prior to our first
ride in April would it give more " bang for the buck" to just ride every day?
Not crazy balls to the walls, but a gradual daily increase in work....if horses
get stronger as multi-
day rides go on, I am thinking that daily work will help both of us get ready
for the ride season and eliminate the " hard days with the need for rest to
recuperate" and instead maximize our short pre-season time to get fit.  I would
appreciate any thoughts - pro and con.  Thanks.

Roxanne
Kentucky