[RC] training question - Jackie Causgrove

Hi all,

Okay, training question.  I have a young green mare; who is progressing well under saddle.  I have some local trails available to me that are short and well maintained.  Other than that, it's trailblazing.  (I'm the newbie Alaskan).
How far (as in miles) is it reasonable to take my mare?  I was just going to play it by ear, so to speak but perhaps there are better guidelines to be following.
My mare is in good flesh and condition;especially for the Interior of Alaska.  The temps are above zero, so we are working quite a bit in the ring (until either break up or if/when the temps dip back down).

Thanks
Jackie

Do you Yahoo!?