RE: [RC] epics - Garrett Ford

Patty- Thanks for the post.  Sorry for the initial trouble but after some help I think you will be very happy with the Epic.

The first 3 months of a product launch are always very difficult.  Although we have done a great deal of testing on the new Easyboot Epic the consumer always finds a couple small issues that we did not anticipate.  We also find out very quickly how our instructions are being interpreted and what areas of the instruction manual need to be highlighted.

For the best results on the Easyboot Epic the gaiter needs to be fastened very tightly around the pastern.  It should be difficult to fit a finger between the gaiter and the pastern.  When fitted tightly it makes it nearly impossible for the horse’s heel to come out of the boot.   When the gaiter is fitted tightly it also eliminates rubbing.  In the end the gaiter should be as tight as possible. It can’t be over tightened because it has a great deal of elasticity.

If the gaiter is not fastened tightly the heel can come out of the boot and the boot can come off.  If the boot comes off, the horse will quickly step on it and rip the gaiter system.  Although we have made the attachment between the gaiter and the boot much stronger it is designed to break if stepped on.  We would much rather have a gaiter rip then have a horse stumble.

Please send your boots back with the ripped gaiter.  We will fix and ship them the same day they are received.

If you have any further questions please don’t hesitate to contact me directly.

Garrett Ford

EasyCare Inc.

2300 E. Vistoso Commerce Loop.

Tucson, AZ 85737