[RC] epics - patty bass

ok. i order 4 of the easyboot epics according to the size chart. they arrived in good time. so far so good. but.... when i go to put them on one is missing a rivet that holds the buckle on the boot. so i send it for repair. thinking i'm just unlucky to get one that is defective. then i decide to put two boots on the rear of my mare - since i now only had 3  boots i couldnt put one on each hoof. we are riding along. she of course is  traveling like a snail not liking the boots. but we keep moving. we were on a public  road. we are finally trotting at a somewhat normal pace when she spies a large round  bale of hay at the side of the road, it was a horse eating monster of course. so we are traveling as many steps sideways as forward when along comes a FedEx van up the hill behind her. normally she doesnt give traffic a second thought but this truck sneaked up on her because she was so intent on watching the hay. Now she hears and catches sight of the  truck, she leaps and hops. btw the truck driver didnt seem to realize that most horse dont normally travel down the road sideways and he just kept on coming. so after the excitement clears i notice that the clop clop of  her feet doesnt sound like galoshes! i look down and only the gaiters are hanging on around her pasterns! no boots! i dismount and begin to look. when i found  them the 2 boots were stacked one atop the other as if she had stepped on one foot with the other and was in the process of moving the bottom one first.
so i ask everyone who  uses the boots. am i  the only one havign trouble? and what is the sound the boots make when everything is working properly? so now i'm down to one lonesome boot of the original 4. cant do much conditioning with one boot. should i have to sruggle to put these boots on for the fit to be correct? or can i simply open them up and place them on the hoof?i let the horse snug there own foot into them. is that wrong?the marks left byt he hoof inside the boot seem normal to me. i'm a first time easyboot user.thanks
patty bass
Watkins home business opportunity http://www.tsginfo.com/index.php?rc=PB4364
click to see Hidden Treasure  in Tennessee http://pattybass_1.tripod.com/dreams