Re: [RC] AHA - Jim & Drin Becker

Heidi wrote "Well, actually, I read that as being evidence of how far the Arabian
registry will bend over backward to try to help get a horse registered
when people have not bothered to keep up the registration and parentage
verification process. However, the price IS a good reason for getting
horses registered when they are young, and certainly before they breed."

I have to agree with Heidi as far as the Arabian Registry bending over backward to help get a horse registered as I ran into a snag while trying to register my very late 2003 foal . When I sent in my DNA on the foal it turned out that my foal was not out of the stallion he was supposed to be from :-( After talking with the registry and explaining that I was not at fault only having one bred mare on my place at the time of foaling so I did not mix up the DNA they told me what I needed to do , after trying for months to get the stallion owner to talk to AHA which she wouldn't do to get this straightened out AHA then said if I would write them a letter explaining what happened and asking them to officially help me out with this problem they would handle it . The stallion owner did tell me that the supposedly father of my foal is a very nice (now gelding) out of an endurance mare by the name of Windchime which I am guessing is in CO as that is where this breeding took place . So if any of you ridecampers know of an endurance mare by that name I would love to talk to the owners , I could not find her listed in the AERC directory so maybe that is a nick name ? I never would of questioned the parentage of this foal either as he is out of the same mare as my endurance mare and was supposed to be out of the same stallion also and Ruffy and the now yearling Zatal are carbon copies of each other . Of course I may have to change his name to "Expensive Mutt " if I cannot get this worked out :-))))))))
Drin Becker
Mtn Region