[RC] Shameless plug for my 'hood - Nancy Reed

Yep, this is a shameless plug for my ‘hood.  The reason?  We need more horses in the ‘hood to keep it a viable equestrian community.  To make this endurance related, we need more endurance people in the ‘hood to ensure training buddies for all.  With the February blues in full force in much of the country, I thought it would be a good time to get the word out that we need you horsey folks here in beautiful Elfin Forest located in north coastal San Diego County.  As many of you have experienced on a personal level horse communities are on the endangered list everywhere and in Southern California even more so.  It is my experience and belief that the more active equestrians in the community, the longer it will stay horse friendly.

We are a very small community with about 300 homes all on 2 acre or larger lots.  Over 50% of the homes have horse facilities.  We have miles and miles of trails that are now protected by the new County Trails Program.  We also have the 750+ acre Elfin Forest Recreational Reserve with over 350 additional acres of open space next to it.  We have a year round creek and some of the best weather in the entire world.  You can train year round!  Needless to say I think this is a perfect place to raise, train and condition endurance horses and people.

All that said, I am sure you want to know what is the bad news about Elfin Forest?  First, and perhaps the worst is property is very expensive here.  All homes are one million and up, the lots are $350,000 and up (not too many lots left by the way).   We have no cable TV, no convenience stores and we are in a fire zone.

Please don’t flame on me for working to keep my ‘hood  horse friendly.  I know most places are much less expensive, etc.  If you or anyone you know is interested in Elfin Forest properties please contact me, nancy at elfinforest dot net.  Disclaimer, I am not a realtor nor do I have property for sale.  Thanks for listening and stay warm and dry!

Nancy Reed

Lazy J Ranch

Elfin Forest