Re: [RC] Rump Rug pattern - BREJD

   Sure...rump rugs are soo easy to make. Here is how I do it...take your horses blanket and trace around the back half...from where your saddle would sit to the end of the blanket. Then cut out your pattern. Next sew a top to the bottom (I like a rip stop nylon on top or cotton duck back, on the bottom I like fleece). You can leave it that way or put a binding around the whole thing to tidey it up. sit your saddle on the horse then the rug and draw on the rug where you want the snaps to go (I.E some where to snap onto the saddle). Presto..you have a one of a kind butt rug! I have also made them out of old horse blankets that have to many rips to do the horse any good. I just cover the end part that I use add snaps and off I ride!! Hope this helps. Dory