Re: [RC] rides too close together and heavyweight riders - Merryben

In a message dated 12/30/2005 3:24:00 P.M. Central Standard Time, tprevatt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
It has worked well that way
and you should be happy there are options in your region.
Yeah, our club was really happy when a new ride was sanctioned two weeks earlier than ours at the same location over the same trails.  This year we cannot find a date to have our spring ride (which we have put on for about 30 years) so will probably not have a Quicksilver Spring ride this year.

The AERC does have control.  When I was sanctioning director for the West, I tried to talk to the managers about moving a ride (if possible).  Most of the time, things can be worked out..... mb