Re: [RC] [RC] heavyweights and led horses - Merryben

In a message dated 12/30/2005 7:24:27 P.M. Central Standard Time, sherman@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
but it's not an AERC rule?
And in my opinion, does not need to be.  I once ponied one of my juniors for about 5 miles when her horse ran away with her.  AFter the lunch stop she rode by herself.

When Melissa Ribley was first riding the mule Murr the Blur, Robert ponied her a couple of times.

In my opnion, ponied horses are a lot safer to all than one that is out of control and the rider is trying to lead it...........mb