[RC] Lady's Gun - Ridecamp Guest

Please Reply to: Howard Bramhall howard9732@xxxxxxx or ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I'm getting older, never was all that tough, in fact, the only thing manly
about me at all is I can ride a horse.  Truth is riding a horse in the South is
more of a womanly thing anyway.

So, when I started spending more and more time in the Hills of Tennessee, land
of Appalachia Hillbilly and me, I started traveling armed. Didn't want to carry
a loaded revolver but I did want something to take out an agressive dog or
human.

Heck, I can't even make a complete fist with my right hand due to a horse
riding accident, so, nobody's gonna ever get me in a fist fight.  Plus, I got a
quick switch in my head, one good hit and I go unconscious; this happened to me
several times while I attempted to run back punts for my high school football
team.  And, the switch has tripped on me a few times while attempting my flying
backwards double sommersaulted dismount from my horse.

Anyway, I suggest to all the wimmen, if you don't want to really mess with a
gun (I know a fellow who has a hole in his leg cause he used to ride his
lawnmower with a loaded revolver under the seat) is to get yourself some pepper
spray or mace.  Stuff works rather well, you can put it in your little fanny
pack while traveling those dangerous, isolated trails, on your horse and it
shoots as accurate and as far as any handgun.

One of my favorite authors, Hunter Thompson, used to carry it around with him
all the time.  If someone got out of line with him, he'd spray them and then
hit the road quickly.  You see, after you spray the person, it kinda blinds and
chokes them, but, once they catch their breath, they are mad as Hell. Still
can't see clearly, but, anger is almost always a result after you spray
someone. So, either you hightail it out of there on your horse, or, you carry a
golf club with you and take out the person's knees after you mace them.  "Now,
Hillbilly man trying to steal my horse, this may hurt a little."  WHACKKKKK!

I gave my Momma some mace for Christmas.  My wife and daughter got theirs last
year.  $13.95 up in Tennessee, always available, at a Cocke County pawn shop.
Cheaper than a gun, easier to handle, and less mess.

Happy Holidays.

cya,
Howard

I have a Lady Smith & Wesson 357 mag.  It's a nice size gun for a woman.  I
have small hands and it fits my hand well.  It is just a 5 shot.  The 357's
give quite a kick so the nice thing about the gun is that you can use 38 shells
which don't kick quite so much or even just have bird shot in it.

Becky R. - Montana