[RC] gun training your horse - Peggety123

I too got a gun for Christmas....a Smith and Wesson 38 (or 357 which I'll probably never shoot - too much kick!).  I got the 3" barrel -  it was a nice size for me.  The gun weight isn't much either - a nice weight for holster.  I feel much more comfortable with a revolver.  I also have a semi automatic Glock, but it's heavier (even though it's the lightweight version) plus I am not as comfortable using it in a pinch.

After hearing mountain lions screaming awful close here in rainy CA, I decided that my dog was just not enough of a deterrent - especially since he's a deaf border collie!

How do you ladies, who've packed and shot off a horse, gun train your horses?  I'm sure nothing is a guarantee, but I don't think I'll be having time to get off my horse to shoot, plus I don't relish the thought of walking all the way back to the horse trailer which could be 10 miles away down a craggy mountain!

My husband and I were going to start off using a 22 and build up from there....but any input would be much appreciated!

Peggy E.
California