[RC] High Suspensory Injury--What Is It? - Valerie Nicoson

Just shooting in the dark as we really don't know what is the root cause of my horse's lameness problem.
I have read RC and there are folks who post about their horses with a High Suspensory injury.
What is considered a "High Suspensory" injury??
It appears, and correct me if I'm wrong, but if a horse has a high suspensory injury that they are:
1) Unable to do distance riding anymore...I'm including 25 LDs and above
2)  Unable to be ridden anymore

Thanks for the clarification on this folks,
Val