[RC] Biting Horses (was tailgating) - WRSINOSKY

Gotta agree with Diane.  Biting is unacceptable behavior anywhere!  Mine get in very big trouble if one does it while I'm in the pasture.  Dear ol' Doimas decided to bite 16.1, 1200 lb Angie one day when I was putting on her halter. She jumped sideways to get away from him and all 1200 pounds landed on my right foot. Now, I can't tell ya'll how many times that foot's been stomped, but this time bones actually were crushed.

I was very displeased with Doimas.  No kidding.

For reasons unbeknownst to me, Doimas has a fixation with my own neighbor's chestnut mare.  Everytime that mare's butt gets close, old extendo neck is reaching out, mouth open. She and I do the jaws music and Doimas gets whacked upside the head and his lower jaw removed.  (Not quite, but there have been times.....)  He doesn't do this to any other horses; just hers.  Thank God for small favors.

If he ever considered it at a ride, I think I'd beat the crap out of him.  Sometimes he has to be reprimanded like a little kid, just to put the fear of Cindy in him. It doesn't happen often, and sometimes I think he likes to push it with me, just to see if he can make me mad.  The good thing about Doimas is, since I've had him since he was in his momma's womb, I can pretty much read what he'll do.  Especially the opening of da da da da...the jaws.  He is so transparent sometimes.

Cindy Edwards & Doimas (Help! She's imprisoned me!!)
Buckeye, AZ