Re: [RC] Freeform and SR Enduro - Laney Humphrey

Talk with Steve about getting your SR refit so it fits your horse! That is, if you still like the saddle. Horses do change shape with conditioning, age, weight gain/loss and other reasons.
Laney

Kim Richman wrote:
I have some questions regarding the Freeform saddle and the saddle which I currently have which is a SR Enduro. I am contemplating selling my SR and trying a Freeform. If I like it and I can sell my SR will probably get one.
Anyways, this past ride season my horse started to develop white hairs from my saddle, plus not every ride but probably every other time I would take him out for a conditioning ride and saddle him he would start to freak and pull back at the trailer. I had a saddle fit guy come out so I could find out what was wrong w/ my saddle. Come to find out the tree is too wide.
So, I guess my question(s) are:
1. Has any gone from riding an SR Enduro to a Freeform and do you like it?
2. I know there is a Freeform w/ the thigh roll do many endurance riders use this one or do you prefer the model w/o the thigh roll?
3. How comfortable secure do you feel in the Freeform. I am used to a western type saddle, so going to an English type might have some getting used to. I know they make a western type model but I really don't like the looks of it.
4. Any other input anyone can give me about this saddle good or bad would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Kim