Re: [RC] Tailgating - DESERTRYDR1

Bad day.  Went out from the place on Misty Moon, my PR Arabian mare, age 19,
and the Torsion slipped and I went down on the asphalt.  And she tied up.  I
was actually looking down underneath her at her back legs to see if she looked
lame  when the saddle went.  So I got off and she wouldn't walk, so I asked a
neighbor if I could leave her in his yard while I went back to get my trailer.
He was really nice, a friend of a friend, who I had been out riding with
about 6 or 7 years ago.  He got a blanket for her, and we just tied her to a
tree
while I walked back to get the trailer.

This is the third time she's tied up, this time there really wasn't a lot of
reason for it. It was cold, about 25 degrees, and she was jigging as we
started out, and just wouldn't settle down and walk.  I can't really say what
made
her tie up. Except that she seemed more nervous than usual and wasn't in the
mood to go.

The first time she tied up was about 10 years ago, she ran really hard in the
round pen for about 10 minutes when it was cold like today.  I guess I'll
just have to watch her better and not ride her when it's cold out.  Everything
else seemed normal, she only gets about 1 1/2 cups of grain with her beet pulp,
and grass/alfalfa mix hay.

Dammmm!  Another thing to worry about.  She hasn't tied up in about three
years, and this is the first time that it's happened when she wasn't really
racing around at the time.  Any ideas or suggestions?  Obviously no more grain
for
her for a while.  jeri