[RC] FEI Ride Questions - amcowan

Kathy,

My advice for putting on an FEI ride is to chat with Anne Ayala in North Carolina and see if she'll send you her CD that has a boatload of info about putting on FEI rides.  Anne is a godsend, and I am sure she'd be willing to send you that document.  Her contact info should be in AERC directory.

Do note that you have to apply with USEF well in advance to hold an FEI ride - if you're planning on holding one in 2006 you need to apply ASAP.  Lisa Owens or Mary Lutz can help with that process - emails are mlutz or lowens at usef dot org.

And Jan, of course, is a wealth of information, as well as a wonderful person!  Wish I had taken advantage of that for the NAEC in October.

Good luck!  It's not as daunting a task as it might seem - if you find some good stewards and ground jury they will help you out with a lot of the details.

Alissa Cowan
Ride Manager
NAEC