From: WRSINOSKY@xxxxxxx
To: tref@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Fri, 16 Dec 2005 16:49:35 EST
Subject: [RC] Tailgating

Okay...so I'm going to come from the other side of this problem.  My horses will stay with the horse in front, and aren't too difficult to keep at a reasonable distance.

Doimas was ponyed by Sebastian for over a year when he was a baby, and he had a great ground eating walk at the time.  Had no choice actually, because Sebastian would have drug him.

My problem is if Doimas is alone, he has a tendency of goofing around and not exerting any energy into his walk.  On the way home, of course, it's a different story, but when I'm conditioning him around my home, he really lollygags.

I've tried the bumoing him with my heels at each stride to push him along, and he ignores me.  When I do get him to move out a little, he goes about three strides, then starts daydreaming again.  I can't think of any other word to describe it.

Suggestions???

Cindy Edwards
M33041
Buckeye, AZ