[RC] Fear - WRSINOSKY

? - anything that? reassures you
will help on those days...and when you ride it out you feel great!

Pauline

I do not have a problem with grabbing hold of the pommel area of my Bob Marshall when Doimas is "performing".  It isn't always because I'm afraid of coming off, but to help stay centered on his back.

I know, I know, I had it browbeat into me, when I first started riding, by a man who used to participate in western pleasure classes. The first cardinal rule was to keep heels slightly down and toes pointed forward. He had fits with people whose feet stuck out like a duck.  And the second cardinal rule was you never, EVER grabbed hold of the saddlehorn.

It took me a long time to get over the saddlehorn thing.  It was like I felt like this man was going to leap out of the bushes and start screaming about how all he's taught me was going down the toilet.  But as I stated before, I'll grab hold of anything available to stay on sometimes. Poor Sebastian has had big chunks of his mane pulled out by yours truly.

Still...the deep breathing and total relaxing that I do helps the most when riding a particularly fractious Doimas.  And that's a very good thing since I've only got the use of one hand for the time being.

Cindy Edwards
M33041
Buckeye, AZ