Re: [RC] [RC] Analyzing Home Made Electrolytes. - April

This is an interesting post. I hope more knowledgeable people will post about the questions Angie posed so I can learn more.

I will say this about PNW. There is so little of everything in it because the recommended dose is 4 oz, not 1 oz. There is a bunch of filler (sugar?) in PNW that supposedly makes it more palatable to horses.

My horse didn't react any better to PNW over EnduraMax (he's not bad about electrolytes anyway), so I went back to cheaper alternatives. I can do filler on my own (applesauce, straight sugar, molasses, etc.) and often follow each syringe of yucky stuff with something yummy (my horse thinks applesauce mixed with NeighLox and Fastrack is a treat...).

April
Nashville, TN