[RC] yeast/iron - susan tweedale-hill \(golshani\)

As an occasional baker of bread, I know that "live" yeast will go forth and multiply. Bruce, it sounds like a cup of yeast daily is a little "over-the-top", but if it works for your horses, a-men.

Recently I switched to a vitamin mineral supplement http://shop.vita-key.com/StoreFront.bok that is based in the diamond yeast mentioned. I do presoak the feed mix (alfalfa cubes, beet pulp, and oats (and cracked corn depending on the temps). So the yeast may be increased by some degree before being eaten.

I'm using the Mare&Foal product for my mare and foal at the present time due to there being no iron in it. Another "technical war" may errupt on the iron overload concept re Dr Eleanor Kellon whose research is finding that most horses are exposed to too much iron in mineralized salt blocks, most supplements, and sometimes in the forage/water  depending on the soil mineral content.

Susan Tweedale-Hill (Golshani)
61500 Rose Hill Rd
Salesville, OH 43778-9623
1-740-679-2333