Re: [RC] [RC] Freezing and tank heaters - Ag47xAu49

In a message dated 12/12/2005 8:08:28 P.M. Mountain Standard Time, mitts_n@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
FALSE, I think.
If electrical current is flowing into the water from a tank heater, when the
horse touches the water they would become the ground.
It's just that "grounding" the plastic tank itself isn't possible.
Nancy Mitts
Can a Rubbermaid tank be grounded? My extension cord is attached to the house, 110 ft. away with no GFI. Not good. I will have an electrician out to put electric to the barn and will have him change things out so that all is as safe as possible. Already I am not using the water heater per instructions since you are not to use an extension cord at all. Beccy in cold but NOT snowy Ut. I want snow!!!!!!! WANT, WANT, WANT!!1 I sound like a spoiled brat.