Re: [RC] Broken wrist- Phase II - delete if you are bored with it. - Merryben

In a message dated 12/12/2005 6:26:03 P.M. Central Standard Time, rides2far@xxxxxxxx writes:
I talked to several people whose doctors had let bad breaks try to heal
and a year later their bones were still shifting and hadn't healed.
Meanwhile I did a 50 6 weeks after my injury.  I was glad my doctor fixed
mine and got it over with. If it were me, I'd probably get the plate. If
the screws rub the tendons...it seems as if they could remove the plate.
I just keep trying to find time to schedule to have mine out.
I have never had plates for my collarbone fractures, one big one and one greenstick fracture but I have two titanium plates in my knee and they have never bothered me a bit..........mb