[RC] Water heater (in deperate need of advise) - robin

My horses were shocked because of stray voltage that a Master Electrician and the Electric Company could "not" figure out.  They would just get used to drinking out of the tank again and yup, shocked.  I can't remember how many times they've been shocked but yes to all reading this post (grin), I have finally fixed this horrible dilemma with a bucket that has an electrical heating element that is not exposed to the water -- YEA!  Every time I thought it was fixed, I would remove the small 5 gal buckets and the horses would finally start drinking out of the big tank again.  Each and every time -- poor sweet trusting darlings.  It's been 4+ years since they were shocked the last time with stray voltage in the water tank.  And, I was using a Rubbermaid tank at the time but the heating element at the bottom of the tank was exposed to the water and that is all it took -- ah, we guess.  Since I've been using this 16 gal tank with the heating element molded into the bottom, they have had no problems what so ever.  The element just pooped out on me and I found out that it is more or less a disposable type because they are known for not lasting more than a year or two.  I've been lucky that this one lasted 4+ years.  I am currently praying that while I wait for a replacement, they don't get shocked.  It's supposed to be here Wed.  But just tough it out and they will eventually start using the water tank again.  Best to you!