RE: [RC] Body protectors - Libby & Quentin Llop DVM

I'm sure manufacturers vary but...  My family has all the sizes sm- x-l in the brand we use. They are highly adjustable in girth and I can wear all of them comfortably. The difference is how far they come down my spine. The small really doesn't protect my lower spine and tail, the x-l very generously does. I would look for the best match in spine measurement. FWIW I only wear a body protector when I have to : cross-country at a sanctioned event and have never had a fall in one.  Libby
-----Original Message-----
From: ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Lysane Cree
Sent: Wednesday, February 02, 2005 9:45 PM
To: ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [RC] Body protectors

Hi,

For those of you that wear body protectors...do the sizes tend to be big? I just measured myself for one and I would fit into a small (??!!) I never wear small! Medium, yes. Sometimes even large depending on some clothing. The companies say it has to fit snugly so I measured myself with a close fitting t-shirt....but a small! I find it hard to believe (I am hoping to avoid ordering one and then returning it for another).

Lysane