Re: [RC] The February Debate - Linda Hedgpeth

Along with the ice, snow, rain, and cold......add a dash of hormones and, by George, you've got it !!

Linda
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, February 02, 2005 9:58 PM
Subject: [RC] The February Debate

Y'know, guys, I've noticed a pattern here. About every February when
lots of people on the list are getting really fed up with rain and snow
and no/little riding, topics come up and people get testy. I think that
it's an internet version of cabin fever. I've been on Ridecamp for
about 6 years now, observing you all from a distance since I can't just
pop over to visit, and I do notice that the aggravation quotient
increases significantly about this time of year.

So everyone needs to just chill a bit (although maybe chill is part of
the cabin fever problem) and relax about things. As people have pointed
out, there is no one right way to do anything.  I've found that the
'right' way to shoe/not shoe my horses has changed over time and
circumstance. Sometimes I find what works by luck. Working out the
'right' solution for a horse is sort of like working out the 'right'
solution for a marriage and I doubt that even the most cabin-fevered
would attempt to comment on Ridecamp marriages online.  But maybe we
could try. It might be a pleasant change.

Maryanne Stroud Gabbani
miloflamingo.blogspot.com
http://www.alsorat.com