[RC] Egyptian weather - Mike & Laurie Hilyard

Maryanne:

Pththththttp! (that was me blowing a raspberry).  The ground is frozen with a skim of two inches of wet snow on top of it that will turn to slop by the weekend.  I'll just have to console myself with the thought that in June when it's in the 70's here in Michigan you'll be panfrying in the desert heat.

On the other hand, my little herd is all barefoot, because I haven't ridden a decent distance in years!  Sure is cheaper than shoes, anyway.

And for the correct pronunciation of "codswollop", I suggest Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (or Philosopher's stone for everywhere on the planet by the US).  I haven't been riding because of my adorable son, who at 5 1/2 has seen the Harry Potter movies almost as many times as I have read the books.

Laurie in Clare, who is hoping that this will be the year she can actually put enough miles on her horses to justify the shoes.