[RC] LTE - Tucson Citizen This Morning - Carolyn Burgess

I agree that we need to move our manure off of the trails, maybe not at the time the horse drops it, but to move it on a regular basis from the trails.  I will say though, that you can accidentally step in dog poop, only a complete idiot could say they didn't see the pile of manure on the trail.

Carolyn Burgess

----- Original Message -----
  From: Vallonelee@xxxxxxx
  To: Ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Tuesday, February 01, 2005 7:51 AM
  Subject: [RC] LTE - Tucson Citizen this morning

  From a Tucson, Arizona paper.  Boy this one could be a =
problem.........

  Riders should clean up after horses
  Generally, I am all for multiuse of our beautiful mountain trails.
But =
as a cyclist, I have one gripe about horses. It is what they leave =
behind.We all must leave only footprints (or tire tracks) and take only
=
pictures.Even dog owners clean up after their pets. Why is it OK for a
=
horse to make a pile on a trail and the owner leave it? Horse riders =
should be required to clean up messes their animals make.- GREGG =
HLAVACEK

Carolyn Burgess
Email:
carolyn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx