Sent: Thursday, December 08, 2005 7:33 PM
Subject: [RC] Cold - Gloves?

 All these glove ideas are great unless you have a circulatory disorder, like I do.  I have Renaud's Syndrome and nothing works to keep my hands warm in cold weather.  Gloves are actually not great at keeping hands warm for normal people.  You isolate the fingers and figures often do not produce enough heat to adequately warm themselves. If you really want warmth, wear mittens.  They need to be loos enough to allow circulation but snug enough to trap the heat you generate.

Carolyn Burgess