Re: [RC] Heart beats - LAWRENCEC BENNASCONI

 If they only have one, and pick the HHHRM, then how do I vet in? I always have to look for the person with the stethoscope to do it the old fashion way, the HHHRMs have only worked on my horse once, and then it was wrong.  And my horse is not the only one with this problem.
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Saturday, December 03, 2005 7:36 PM
Subject: [RC] Heart beats

Please Reply to: Buddy Gleason glea6826@xxxxxxxxxxxxx or ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

HHHRM vs Stethoscope. This, too, is no brainer. All ride management should do is to authorize the use of hand helts or the stethoscope. Then, there is only one standard of measurment. No conflict. All pulses will be taken equally. Everyone will be on the same playing field. HHHRM or the STETHOSCOPE. Perhaps, this should be a Vet decision. I, prefer the stethoscope and the ear listening to the heart beat of the horse. Batteries, electronics, electrodes, diodes, being wet enough, positioning correctly, etc, etc. Memories being stored. Analog watches, etc, etc. EITHER, HHHRM or Stethoscope. Buddy