Re: [RC] "stop the insanity" NICELY STATED!!! - Mary Ann Spencer

NICELY STATED!!!!!
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, December 02, 2005 10:05 AM
Subject: [RC] "stop the insanity"

Before I write this, this is my husband' s Humble opinion....

All this back & forth about LD's vs "endurance" has me thinking....
All riders no matter what distance they do should respect each other.
It should be about the horses and coming together with other riders of similar interest.
The ones who are doing 50's & 100's should be trying to help the LD people, there's a lot that they have to learn. Why treat them as if they are lesser riders?
Most of them are just beginner riders and the future of this sport.
Don't forget that one day your body may not allow you to do 50 miles anymore, much less 100.
If you hope to stay in this sport you'll be glad they still have LD.

So help each other and quit putting each other down and enjoy the sport you love.
Quit worrying about awards for LD's, help these riders graduate to 50's
Always remember LD's may only do half of what you do in 50's, but 50's only do half of what 100 milers do....
So are the only true "endurance riders" 100 milers???

The question as to wether or not LD's are "endurance" riders, IMO, the answer is yes. Everyone has to start and end somewhere.

Husband and Awesome Crew guy,
Bret

Yahoo! Personals