Re: [RC] If horses don't care..... - Barbara McCrary

"By George, I think he's got it!"  (With apologies to Rex Harrison)   OOOPS therefore its not standardized........red flag, we found something not standard across vets and regions, alert the lawyers.   I love that part.

Barbara

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, December 02, 2005 7:36 AM
Subject: RE: [RC] If horses don't care.....

While Howard is correct that the horses don't give a bent nickel for the
award itself or whether or not it is published, I'm sure that they DO
appreciate the better-educated riders that result from the feedback
given them when they show for LD BC.

I have stood for BC, I think 4 or 5 times, wininng twice...........uh, never other than having my name called did I recieve any feedback, unless you consider reading the card feedback, which yes I do find informative.   I understand people wanting the LD BC in the PS Region to make things fair, or fair by the standards of people in the PS Region, but now we are selling it as a cure for everything that ails us.  Its not fair, I didn't get any feedback with my little green coffee mug my horse won for BC.  OOOPS therefore its not standardized........red flag, we found something not standard across vets and regions, alert the lawyers.

I have gotten far more feedback sitting around campfires late at night with some very competent endurance vets sharing cigars and alchol than standing for BC.   Here is another place I've learned a ton for my horses sake.  Working at rides.  Yes I work & yes I have kids (3 in fact), and no I do not have unlimited time to train so every ride I work where my horse sits is $ out of my pocket and no miles, ribbons, trinkets or BC.  But in the past 3 years I've worked 7 rides and listened, watched, observed, and learned alot.  While someone is out on trail I have a chance to rub elbows with my RM who has 1,000 of miles under her broken bones, and endurance vets who've vetted National Championships, local rides, CTR's, CMO's and leanr from their wealth of experience.  Sur the expereince has some value, but bottom line the BC is for the ego of the biped, not the horse.

Jon

heidi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent by: ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

12/02/2005 10:11 AM