[RC] 2 cents on LD, how about a quarter? - Dream Weaver - Ridecamp Guest

Please Reply to: Diane Roby diane_roby2002@xxxxxxxxx or ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I did.  I learned a ton at the 2 LD rides I did.  In March at the Cougar Prowl
I learned that I still can't get EZ Boots to fit right no matter what I do.
And that Codee is one tough pony.  And that I can't do a trace clip to save my
life.  80 degrees in March and a semi hairy pony did great on their first ride
ever, altho the rider needs to drink more.

In June I learned on the L&S ride that riding in lightening, hail, and rain for
10 miles is  not much fun and said pony now believes said rider to be a dumb
a**.  But we made it through those 25 miles in great shape also.  And we
learned that this is fun, even in challenging weather.

I also learned that my pony does a fantastic 'airs above ground' when she
thinks she isn't going as fast as she should be but I've improved my riding and
her control through dressage this year.  Much to our delight we've received 4
first place Intro tests in 2 dressage shows this year.  We also got a 99 out of
100 for a vet score at the CTR we did.

I learned at the CTR that on the 2nd day Codee doesn't do 'airs above ground'.
She likes PB&J sandwiches, wet beet pulp and granola bars.  She eats and
drinks, pees and poohs on the trail like she's been doing it for years.  (she's
only 6 now and this is our first season).  I learned that I absolutely love
doing LDs and hope I feel that way about true endurance rides.  I learned that
if I leave Codee tied to the trailer and she can't see me she gets upset and
that camping overnight bonds a person with their pony more than anything I've
encountered yet.

And most of all I've learned that there is so much  more to learn, and I love
it!