[RC] Words - Bruce Weary DC

Folks, let's all take a deep breath, a sip of coffee, and remember this is all about having fun. Barbara, you have always been, and continue to be a voice of experience and reason in our sport. Keep your thoughts coming.
I hope it's apparent to everyone that we add quite a bit of our own meaning to the words we speak, read and hear. One person recently posted their offense at the term "training ride" as it relates to LD. Someone else might say that "training" refers to equitation skills, not conditioning, which applies to graduated exercise. I personally feel that conditioning a horse is the best thing I can do for him to help him handle the rigors of endurance riding and assure long term soundness. So, I have very positive feelings associated with the idea of conditioning (even though I use the word "training" to describe it). Maybe the person offended by the term "training ride" feels that it implies a degree of incompleteness, or unfinished conditioning, or a less than totally prepared rider and horse. Who knows?
Let's allow a little "wiggle room" in our communication. If there is confusion, ask for clarification from the sender, so you will know if your taking offense is appropriate or not. A sentence or two of explanation will clear up any misunderstandings, I'm sure. We are at more risk in this forum because we are using only the typed word, and we miss out on facial expressions, voice inflection, body language and eye contact.
And I think we should all go to our rooms and practice the following phrases out loud until they become a part of us:
1) Opinions aren't facts.
2) My opinion is not a fact.
3) I could be wrong.
4) This is my way. What's your way? THE way doesn't exist.
5) I could be wrong.
6) I don't know for sure.
7) I could be wrong.
8) Rather than shoot from the hip, let me do some research and get back to you.
9) That's really interesting. I don't know enough to have an opinion about it. Please tell me more.
10) What I think is right today, could be wrong tomorrow.
11) How much separation can there be among us, when we all sit astride a horse?
Bruce Weary, often wrong, but never in doubt