Re: [RC] deadly bicyclist - Dbeverly4

In a message dated 11/30/2005 9:41:45 PM Pacific Standard Time, greymare56@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
Too many mountian bike riders treat public trails
as their own personal racecourse, and should also be going a safe speed...

Connie Berto, if you are reading this thread...didn't you mention posted
speed limits in some Marin Parks? Wasn't it 15MPH?
Karen you raised some good points, I'd also like to add that just because you're on horseback doesn't mean you don't have to obey "speed limits"...  I guess I'm a little ultra sensitive because I have green horses, but horses travelling at 22 mph are (if you ask me) way scarier and more dangerous than mountain bikes.  Also, if you're going to "pony" a horse on the trail with you, could you PLEASE keep the lead rope attached??  Its one thing entirely if you are on relatively private trails, but at a State Park, County Park, or National Forest ... I really don't think other riders, hikers or bikers should have to deal with your 2 year old horse running around like a lunatic (ok, I just got to experience that particular *joy* with my very green youngster so I may be a bit bitter <g>).

Let's try to be safe out there, eh?  :))

Sylvia