[RC] [Fwd: Bicyclists] - Bruce Weary

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Bicyclists
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 20:52:08 -0700
From: Bruce Weary <bweary@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Ridecamp Guest <guest-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

 I don't really mind bicyclists. I have a special hoof pick that
removes them from my horse's hooves quite nicely.
  All kidding aside, my experience with the cyclists around here has
been exemplary. They are very polite and always give trail. I have
helped out a few who have been in trouble on the trail. I remember
cresting a hill one time only to find a biker standing facing the
morning sun with his shorts around his ankles and his buddy positioned
oddly close to him and attending to his hind end. To my relief, as I got
closer, I saw the reason why. Seems this chap had been pedaling up hill
and ground to a halt and fell over into--you guessed it--an elephant ear
cactus. His friend, who always travels with a pair of tweezers for just
such occasions, was trying to relieve him of as many needles as
possible. The lad was actually going into shock, so I gave him a lift on
my horse to his truck( I made him pull his shorts up first) so he could
be driven to the hospital. He survived, and relished telling the story
to his "dudes." I still cringe every time I ride past that spot.  Bruce
Weary