Sent: Wednesday, November 30, 2005 10:24 AM
Subject: Re: [RC] Fw: Fw: LD regional BC

I am sorry, it does encourage racing! About your idea that a 60 bpm heart rate is a sign that the horse is fit to continue .That is rediculous! I have watched horses with a heart rate of 44bpm at Deadwood. The team vetted thru and 5mins. later, the horse was on the ground  with colic.The perameters of fit to continue are not just viewed at the heart rate and it is why LD's were started to teach ,and I mean teach ,new riders to monitor these perameters to build them into endurance riders.

Matt
2167 aerc#

Jeanne Slominski <endurancemorgan1@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
LD BC does NOT promote 'racing'. Jeez, the horse has to meet a 60 pulse before considered to have even finished the ride. Any other distance, when you cross the finish line, that's when your riding time stops.

--- End Message ---