Re: [RC] Help w/ Mare in SC - DArcy Moser

Hi Jennifer,

Why don't you contact Michelle Just, USDF Gold Medalist, in Ocala, FL.  justaryder@xxxxxxxxxxxxx She has a clientele list of Traekner owners and Arab owners.  If she is not able to help then she may be able to stir you in the direction, in your area, with a reputable trainer!  Good luck!  Let Michelle know that I referred you to her (D'Arcy L. Demianoff-Thompson)

D'Arcy

Ridecamp Guest <guest-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Please Reply to: J. McCune jenniferhmccune@xxxxxxxxx or ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I am posting this e-mail with the hopes that someone can help me or direct me to help in the South Carolina area.

To make a long story short, I have a 11 year old Trakehner mare that is barely broke to ride (can hardly be qualified as "green.) I have worked with many horses since I was very young, but after eight years of school with not a lot of riding time, I do not feel up to "fighting" with her. I have owneed her since she was a weanling, but school and finances always got in the way of training. Now I am in the position of being able to afford help, but can't find anyone...

What I need is someone who can really take her and ride her regularly. I'd really like to see her develop some willingness to go forward, which is our main issue, but I am not strong enough now to force the issue.

Ultimately I'd like to do some lower level dressage / eventing with her, but what I really want is a safe, dependable horse that I can put a friend on to go trail riding (or ride myself and let the friend ride my safe, dependable 1/2 arab).

I can afford to pay reasonable rates to a reputable trainer, or I can trade for a foal out of the mare (she is registered Trakehner with the ATA) - think nice Arab cross!

e-mail: jenniferhmccune@xxxxxxxxx
call: 803-447-2229