Re: [RC] novice class, LD taken seriously, stats for you - Susan, Princess of Pink

Oh dear!!!  Stacy, you miss the point.  There is NOTHING "easy" about a 100 mile endurance ride.  You think the 100 milers are SITTING at your awards?  They are on trail!

LD is often referred to as a novice ride because that's where many novices start.  Sometimes, that's where many riders stay.  They would no longer be called a novice but they are still LD riders.

I've got many friends who are LD riders.  Due to work and family obligations, a LD ride is all they can condition for.  In no way are their efforts slighted.  But, by lumping their efforts with mine, you are sighting my efforts.

Ridecamp Guest <guest-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Please Reply to: Stacy Motschenbacher msmots13@xxxxxxx or ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I do agreee with what Jody said about the awards, I think they should start with the 100 milers. It isn't fair that they have to pick thru the left overs. (Especially when they have to sit through the entire awards...end then try to get up again...)

However, you have to admit that it is usually much easier to top 10 in a 100 mile ride than it is in a 50 or 25. (Where both are offered).

Susan [Young], The Princess of Pink
Semper Obliquo (Always aside)

Glenndale Grace Farm, Ft Gibson, Oklahoma U.S.A.

"Ride on! Rough-shod if need be, smooth-shod if that will do, but ride on! Ride on over all obstacles, and win the race!" - Charles Dickens (1812-1870)