Re: [RC] Half Arabs & Arab Crosses - Jody Rogers-Buttram

Hi,

  I have had some really great Arab crosses.  Since 1979, I have been riding endurance and I personally feel that the BEST arab cross is with a Gaited horse.  My daughter has a new horse, 1/2 Arab and 1/2 Walking horse, and he is unbelieveble.  I have been riding a 1/2 arab/1/2 Paint mare for about 4 years now, and she is great too.  I think that the Gaited horse crosses gives you some good bone, size, not too much bulk and they are a pretty tough breed themselves.

Good luck !!!  I think you have a nice one.

Jody

Alisanne Steele <sanne@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi All!

This is a curiosity question?   Those of you who ride ½ Arabians, and Arabian crosses for endurance:  What is the other breeding and percentage?

My guy is ¼ Tennessee Walking Horse and ¾ Arabian.

In reading the results, it seems that there are an abundance of Arab crosses, but no breakdown on the other breed components.

Thanks!

Alisanne Steele & Taz
Reno, Nevada

There's nothing better for the soul of a man than the outside of a horse.
                  ~Ronald Reagan