[RC] Easyboots and easyboot studs - Lysane Cree

Hi,

I've been using my Epics for a few weeks now and everything has been going well. The tip that someone here on ridecamp gave about using a rubber hammer to tap the boot on over the toe has been soooo useful - cuts down booting time! Thanks so much!!!

I spent Saturday morning drilling holes and putting in the studs for the winter, now that we have snow and ice. Of course, I forgot to flatten the teeth on the back boots (I had been using just front boots until now), so they wouldn't go on. Since I was just doing a short ride to get my mare used to the studs, I used just front boots.
I know many people who just put winter shoes in the front and leave their horses barefoot in the back, so I was wondering if it is o.k. to do the same with the boots? Does it cause any imbalance problems?  I am asking because one of the studs on the back boot broke off as someone was tightening it and kind of twisting to the side at the same time - the flat part that sits inside the boot broke off from the rest of the stud.
I just ordered extra studs, but they won't be in for three weeks (they are on back order). I definitely won't use the boot with only two studs, and won't use only three boots! LOL So if she's wearing two boots with studs on the front is that raising her front end too much ? I'm only doing short trail rides and lots of arena work with my green mare at the moment.
I've always wondered about this with winter shoes), so I thought I'd ask....

Lysane