Re: [RC] i'm sooo not AWAKE!!! re:the good, the bad, & the ugly - Jody Rogers-Buttram

Sounds like our luck.   To avoid the traffic nightmare in Atlanta and Birmingham, we decided to take another way home.  NOT again.  Made a 9 hours haul a 14 hour haul.  Turns out if you go thru NC over to Chattanooga....you climb some BIG mountains.  And for those of you who know my dinosaur truck, you would be surprised to know that it did make it to the top.  One of them, we did pull over nearly at the top and let it "rest".  Had to drain all the water tanks in the trailer and on the truck to lighten the load.  Joel said we might have to ride the horses on to the top.  That mountain is only 1000 feet smaller than Clingman's Dome.  But, now I KNOW that truck won't be going to the Tevis.  :))

Jody and ponies....glad they didn't have to walk up the mountain.

PS.  A young girl ( crewing the 100's from PA)  at the ride got in our truck and sat down.  The first thing she said was, "You came here all the way from Alabama in THIS?)  I explained to her, yes, but it is paid for.

Mary Campbell-Crowder <endurancegirl72@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I just sent the email which I spent most of my brain writing and only sent the first part if it DUH!!
I'm too tired to rewrite the whole thing so here's the highlights...
UUMMM...
passed vet check with flying colors
went back out, Mare felt off, I pulled her anyway
I'm now part of "Team Defeat" (maybe i'll post that story later)
Almost lost entire wheel off of trailer on the way home (broke the barrings)
Thanks to the angel of a man who almost wrecked to flag us down :>)
a 4 hour trip home took 12hours UGH!
I learned to hook up a trailer so you can drive home on 3 wheels...sans equine <G>

I really need a nap!
MaryBeth