[RC] [RC]Sweepstakes Program - Nat Nelson

I'm not talking about advertising in a 4 color
magazine.. I'm talking about what used to be free on
their website.>>

Do you run a website yourself? Do you realize a site
that has a higher volume of hits cost more annually?
Maybe that is part of the AHA's funding to asorb those
costs - including the salaries of the individuals
responsible for running, maintenance, design of the
site.

Yes, I'm good friends with a regional rep and we
have discussed this ad nauseum. Many AERC members have
written to Myron Krause and other top dogs at AHA. I'm
not going to belabor this issue with you Nat.
Unfortunately, AHA is the only game in town if you are
an Arab breeder, so we'll go along.>>

That's great! Evidently more than yourself spoke on
the behalf of the distance breeders. AHA could of
easily excluded distance riding from the program! I
myself am pleased that they did include distance into
the Sweepstakes Program, at least it is a start!

duh. And there is a point of diminishing returns
that anyone who has been in business knows about. I'm
not an idiot. I've worked in  management in the
corporate world. I kind of understand the economics of
business. I also have worked and still work in not for
profits and understand what they need to do to keep
afloat and provide services for their members.>>

You understand that it takes money to fund the
incetive and recoginition programs inorder for money
and awards to be dispersed amongst the participants.
So what's the problem? The price of the programs?
Maybe that is the next step of making the programs
better. Possibly an annual fee based on mares bred,
rather than the one time fee or a choice of either or.
There are always room for improvment. Right now it
seems to me that the AHA is open for suggestions.

I fully understand the initial investment! I never
nominated my Quarter Horse or Paint stallions to the
Sweepstakes due to the cost. Even with many requests
for me to do so when I stood my cremello stallion.

However, now that I have an Arabian mare, and do
distance riding on her. I just may bred her to a
Sweepstakes stallion inorder to participate and reep
the rewards (as little as they may be).

~Nat~
Buckeye, AZ

Just $16.99/mo. or less.