Re: [RC] spooking - agilbxr

I don't know.. the worst spook I ever had out of Alpine was over a butterfly.  He's so used to the turkeys around here, that they usually only cause an ear flick.  Except for the one that went under his belly one day.  That was interesting.  I didn't know horses could move their legs in that manner.....

Anyway, the butterfly was hysterical.  It landed on his nose.  He went straight up in the air, came down 180 degrees in the opposite direction and bolted.  That's the only time he's ever done that. I managed to stay on the spook, but almost fell off cause I was laughing so hard I couldn't breathe.  He usually spooks by stopping dead...from whatever gait he's in.  It's a good thing he's a paso and throws his head up.  That's what usually breaks my fall.  Of course, Alpine is a bit strange.  His main spooks are over horizontal trees (we are convinced he thinks whatever shoved that tree down is coming after him next) and anything man made.  That doesn't belong in the woods!

Spot on the other hand goes brain dead when there are scary things about.  Thankfully, he's not too spooky, and I think once his confidence increases, he's going to be great.  The only thing he REALLY doesn't like is diesal engines.  I'm thinking of having my friend park her's in his pasture with the engine running....maybe that'll do some good for desensitising him.

Juli and the crew
Alpine (i'm bored. i'm bored.  i'm bored.  There has got to be something I can do while healing from a bowed tendon....)
Spot ( I don't like those noisy trucks...and they stink!!)