Sent: Wednesday, November 23, 2005 9:29 AM
Subject: Re: [RC] Flagstaff Arab needs retirement

Fay,
It just doesn't add up for him to suddenly develop aggression or fear-based responses toward humans as a result of being attacked by a *horse.*  I'd expect him to behave pretty normal toward people, but perhaps have problems/fear issues with other horses.  Having said that, it sounds like he has some lingering pain issues.  The first thing that comes to my mind is some sort of chiropractic problem that, when he moves a certain way, pinches a nerve and produces extreme pain, and he may be thinking that it's coming from whoever (people) are there and he then reacts violently.  You said he'll be fine, then suddenly explode.  If you can locate a good equine chiro, it sure would be worth getting him checked out before giving up on him.
Another possibility, I guess, is some sort of brain injury - did the other horse kick him in the head at all?

Just some thoughts...
Best of luck,
Dawn in East Texas

Checked by AVG Free Edition.