[RC] [RC] LD's & BC's - Dreamweaver

It is great when horses pass thru the vet checks with no problems. Just keep in mind that just because a horse passes a vet check with good scores that it doesn't mean that the horse is always going to be 100% okay, or that it will stay that way. Many of the horses that I have seen crash at rides, passed their vet checks with flying colors. That is why the rider needs to know their horse and pay attention to things that aren't right, regardless of what the vet put on the vet card. Horses have won rides and even won BC and then later that evening ended up on IV's. Usually not, but often enough for me to know that just because the ride is over and the horse has passed the vet check that it's going to be my job to keep an eye on him for awhile longer just to make sure something doesn't go wrong.

None of us can know if another persons horse 'never breaks down or has metabolic or physical problems', unless we follow them home. A lot of what happens to our horses accumulates, so it may not be evident after one ride or ten. That's why it's so much easier to start our more conservatively. As the horse gets fitter and stronger and the rider all the more wise, then they can go faster with a lot less risk. If you start out doing too much too soon there are things you can't undo.

I found this video of Courtney Hart talking about endurance riding. At the end of it, his words about what really matters is so true, in this sport.

for fast connections
<http://video.csupomona.edu/WKKArabianEvents/AlMarahEnduranceRiding-245.asx>http://video.csupomona.edu/WKKArabianEvents/AlMarahEnduranceRiding-245.asx

dialup
<http://video.csupomona.edu/WKKArabianEvents/AlMarahEnduranceRiding-035.asx>http://video.csupomona.edu/WKKArabianEvents/AlMarahEnduranceRiding-035.asx