Re: [RC] Maryben's Impressive Record/Sylvia - DVeritas

In a message dated 11/21/2005 10:23:10 P.M. Mountain Standard Time, Dbeverly4@xxxxxxx writes:
Sure I can ride 25 miles to condition my horse but I haven't yet found a way to camp with a 100 other horses so they learn to deal with THAT.  If I know I have a nervous horse who won't eat when he's camped with a 100 other horses, I think its good horsemanship to take it easy, expose him to the whole camp thing and THEN ride him 50 miles.  I figure 25 miles he can do in deficit mode (which he's in if he has been too nervous to eat well or drink well the night before) so we just go camp and play at an LD.  Get used to all the extra stuff..  I think this is what LD was designed for no?
Oh Sylvia, this reeks of "experience".  Sheesh.
This illustrates the fact that hauling horses to limited distance or endurance rides with the purposed in mind of allowing them to front camping, or a group start, or whatever can be found only in a ridecamp, is an integral component in the making of an Endurance Horse.

You, not experienced, good one.  I almost spit my coffee.

Frank