[RC] Nourishment - Jonni

Day before, I keep a bottle of water in hand as much as possible, and drink, drink, drink. Then, I keep one next to me in bed the night before, and when I wake up to tinkle, I drink MORE. We pre-hydrate our horses as much as possible, but many forget to do that themselves. Breakfast is a banana (potassium), and usually some sort of canned chocolate drink like Ensure, Slim-Fast, instant breakfast or such.  Lunch is often a sandwich (tuna or egg salad if lunch is in camp) or I eat cheese (protein) and wheat thins (salted).  Gatorade . I usually carry Cliff Bars, Almonds, or other nuts.  Lots and lots of water, and Gatorade and some sort of salty food seems to keep my electrolyte balance in check. If lunch is in camp, I just have a selection of snack foods in the camper. I will often crave salty stuff, or crave fruit. I figure my body is telling me what it needs. Hummm, is this why we crave chocolate???