RE: [RC] LD and a concession stand/truck?? - Mary Campbell-Crowder

OK y'all! as they say, there's no need to "flog a dead horse" ...sorry couldn't resist
I'm a newbie here on ridecamp, though I've been doing LD's for 3 years now. I have been reading thru all of the "LD" posts, and though I have only done 9 rides I can honestly say that starting in LD is good if you only set your goals for that particular distance!! If you are new to the sport, not sure of yourself, or your horse, LD is perfect.
I started with a grade horse who was 16yo and had no idea how things would work out. He did a wonderful job, never finished higher than 33rd, but I knew he would never top ten anyway. Now I have a 14yo Morgan Mare who I believe can definately do 50's, but I spent this season testing her in 25/30's. She has done great, finishing 13th at the Pyramid Challenge, and 9th at Biltmore FallFling, and will probably graduate to 50's next season, if my butt can handle it!
But if you're not sure, go with the 25/30 and be proud to call yourself an "endurance rider" because I believe that it takes hard work and patience to do even an LD!

Just a question to everyone out there in the SE...My husband is thinking of buying a concession truck and would like to know how many people would like to see one at a ride....Yes he's a great cook, used to have his own restraunt....items would be simple...burgers, chips,soups, sandwiches, etc.
Any ideas or comments would be welcome
Please email me personally, so as not to crowd up ridecamp!
Thanks and feel free to write anytime!!
MaryBeth
endurancegirl72@xxxxxxxxx