[RC] Funny Incident - rdcarrie

Yesterday afternoon my husband and I did a fast 15 mile ride on the National Forest.  We had a blast exploring new trails, enjoying the brisk cool air, taking turns in the lead, zipping through tight single track at Mach 8, and just having fun.  At one point we were walking through a section of rough trail on a powerline easement.  I happened to be looking at the ground as Bear (my horse) reached down and grabbed a huge mouthful of grass.  As he raised his had and jerked upward to rip it off, I saw that he'd also grabbed a little vine that was still attached...I saw it come up out of the grass, running back between his front legs.  As he jerked upward on the grass, the vine (which was apparently rooted behind him) smacked him on the inside of a hind leg.  He leaped about 3 feet straight up in the air with a surprised half snort/half squeal.  I'd been talking to my husband...all he heard was my voice go from norma l talking to a startled shriek, then I dissolved into uncontrollable laughter.  Bear slowed and looked behind himself, wondering what had attacked him.  <G>  Poor boy...he just wanted some grass, and suffered a sneak attack from the rear!  LOL  These guys do keep us laughing...

Dawn in East Texas (now 2 inches shorter after the spinal compression!)
and Little Bear TC (Mom, something got me...really...it did!)